Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Edited for Television.
Jules, Vincent and Jimmie are drinking coffee in Jimmie's kitchen
Jules Winnfield: Mmmm! This is some serious gourmet stuff! Usually, me and Vince would be happy with some freeze-dried Taster's Choice, but he springs this serious GOURMET stuff on us! What flavor is this?
Jimmie Dimmick: Knock it off, Julie.
Jules Winnfield: [pause] What?
Jimmie Dimmick: I don't need you to tell me how good my coffee is, alright? I'm the one who buys it. I know how good it is. When Bonnie goes out shopping she buys bad coffee. Me, I buy the expensive gourmet coffee because when I drink it I like to taste it. But you know what's on my mind right now? It AIN'T the expensive coffee in my kitchen, it's the dead guy you have laying in my garage.

Jimmy is to coffee as Lance is to heroin.
Perhaps the best coffee dialogue in the movies. Maybe the best except for the coffee that Ally McBeal used to drink.

No comments: