Wednesday, May 05, 2004

I am tired. We got a letter the other day from the city. They want to change the zoning restrictions on the land across the street from us. It is zoned agricultural right now. They want to make it Lake Residential. They want to put 177 houses on 320 acres of land. It is going to be a nightmare. I did not even know that land was for sale or sold to the company that purchased it. I would have bought as much as possible just to save the land. We do have the oppertunity to protest to the planning commission. I am going to suggest that they go with a Lake Preservation zoning so each home would have to be on 2 acres. But it is frought with danger. I am thinking maybe an easement at least so I do not have to look out at all those houses first thing in the morning. It makes me sick.

No comments: