Thursday, May 20, 2004

It was a great evening in the studio. Brent and I worked on some art and somethings came out good, others did not. Of course we will not know for sure until tomorrow afternoon. It takes about twelve hours for the glass to anneal. That is to cool down from nine hundred degrees to about one hundred and fifty degrees. The annealing of glass is important so that the stress of the heat and blowing will not cause the glass to break in the future. Sometimes even fifty years later the glass can simply break for no appearant reason. Stress. Stress causes glass to break if not relieved. Stress can cause us as human beings to break if it is not releaved. What do you do to take care of the stress in your life? How do you anneal yourself?
Consider for a while. I really would like to know.
I blow glass. No more stress. Granted the process can be stressful. It is hot and tense and exciting and builds and falls. It sometimes causes a kind of stress but then gets rid of the other stresses of daily life. Prayer that works to I think. Since I hurt my knee in September I have not been able to get on my knees for prayer the way I like too. Adjustments in that area. I hope I will be able to have the strenght in it again soon. I wish also so that I can ride my scooter again. I long for the sound. the smells of the road. the vibration of 1340 cc engine between my legs and the feeling running up your spine from the movement. Talk about releaving everything. In the moment. right there. all other things melt away. You and god and the road. The Buddha lives just as much in the engine of a motorcycle as the buddha also lives in the flowers of the lotus.
All is well. Keep it centered.

No comments: