Friday, May 21, 2004

Well, I took a look see at "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle maintenance". I was able to find the exact quote I was thinking about in my last post. I am not a reader. I do not read books too often. This is one I recommend and really enjoy reading. This is the book that made me decide to not give grades. I took a trip up in the area that the book talks about some. The road up north. across Wyoming to the Ocean. Beautiful country. It is country that makes one realize who it is that they are.
Alas the quote, "The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower. To think otherwise is to demean the Buddha...which is to demean oneself. That is what I want to talk about in this Chautauqua."
Have you taken a Chautauqua? Care too? Maybe the blog in the Chautauqua, our internal dialogues made known and public. Jack would have done well with the blog. Stream of consciousness writing. Maybe Jack was the first blogger.

No comments: