Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Well, I worked in the studio for about twelve hours yesterday. It was a very good day. The students from the museum did a bunch of fine work. Paperweights. I will try to get some pictures tomorrow to post.
Speaking of pictures. I was thinking I would just walk around with my camera all the time and take photos and post them up using hello. It is so difficult to get into any routine. Difficult to do something new. Heck it is difficult for me to open my mail and listen to voice mail and return phone calls.
There are like seven steps to lessen the chaos in life. I think the first is to do the thing that is right in front of you. I have not been doing those things that need to get done. I need to change my focus and change my behaviors and start completing the tasks at hand. They are never difficult or unpleasant. They are just tasks. Alas, I did help wash the dishes this morning. We let them pile up for about a week or so and then load the dishwasher. Does anyone really load the dishwasher with only one plate or utensil? After you use something do you lay it on the counter, put it in the sink, or put it in the dishwasher?
Monday. I did go for the coffee. I was able to also find a really cool old microfiche holder. It is metal, has 24" pull out drawers, is old and did I say really cool. I will try to get a photo of it posted too. I am looking for one or two more like this. They are great for holding glass rods. They keep them clean and organized. These beauties are not easy to find either. Keep your eyes peeled.
We had Hideaway Pizza on Monday. It is a really good pie. Tuesday's they serve it up Dim Sum style. That would be a treat. I have been eating Grape Nuts and Hostess Ding Dongs for Breakfast. Who am I kidding, I eat the Ding Dongs all day long. Something grand about the chocolate coating, the creamy center. I like to eat all the coating off the thing and then suck out the white goo.
All is well.

No comments: