Thursday, March 23, 2006

Tao Te Ching Chapter 15

Tao Te Ching Chapter 15
I am not sure if anybody else reads the Tao. The Tao Te Ching is the Book of Changes or the book of the way. It is a collection of chapters written sometime like around 4 BC in China by Lao Tsu. We saw the birthplace of Lao Tsu when we were visiting China.
I think that this chapter is key in the view of others. We do not know much of anything outside of ourselves. We only know the appearance of things and can then infer or put ourselves into that which we see. Thus when we look at those things we each see something different is what we see is really a reflection of ourselves.
When I look at those things the 10,000 things can I view them and the master is described? Can I remain still and really see or do I glance around the only catch the reflection of myself in the world of which I am surrouned?

1 comment:

miss mac said...

yes, i read the Tao, i actually carry the little pocket size version with me where ever i go. lol.
I love chapter 15,the lesson it teaches---but my all time favorite is chapter 21.