Friday, September 08, 2006

Daily Meditation:

Play your part in the comedy, but don't identify yourself with your role! - Why Lazurus Laughed by Wei Wu Wei
Such is life. comedy or tragedy. Those things that occur to us make up who we are but we are not those things. Divorce, death, desertion don't make us bad or worthless or unlovable those things happen and make us human. Love, relationships, and family do not make us strong or whole or complete they do contribute to that who it is that we are. I am different in various situations. I play a role that fits a group or situation. It is not that I am not myself in each situation it is just that I am not my whole self. Parts remain buried or hidden and unseen. When the whole of who I am is exposed then I am vulnerable and scare and that fear holds me back. Learning to open the whole self is a task and in safe places with safe people it can be done. We all need safe places to really be who we are. So the role I play is not the whole or real me but the role is necessary to keep going.
I need to think more upon this.

No comments: