Monday, September 11, 2006

Daily Meditation:

In order to be effective truth must penetrate like an arrow - and that is likely to hurt. 'Posthumous Pieces' by Wei Wu Wei
Truth hurts so it is said. We know the truth, you speak the truth, you seek the truth. Does truth change? Is it evolving and growing and situational or is the truth firm and universal? Do we share truth with some and then with others only partial truths are known. To protect someone from the pain of the arrow we often times do not tell whole truth. Is the pain really lessened? temporary pain of the truth leads to the future pleasure of knowledge whereas the lessened pain in a partial or comfortable truth may lead to a future unrest.
I must interrupt to include in this discourse a thought to this day and what it is and what it brings.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5784518 This is a link to a radio show called this I believe. Frank Miller is an artist and author. His work is beyond the pale of that which we know and he had ushered in a new era to the genre of comic book.Take a look at his words if you get the opportunity. Listen to his voice. It was a rare pleasure to hear. I think too then at truth we have what we know and believe and then something happens and those things change. We change through internal or external measures and then our truths and values and beliefs shift. We sometimes alter our whole being as a result of that event.
I am open for the truth today. I am ready for the truth. I am preparing myself, the flesh of my soul for the piercing barbs to come. I hope I am capable. I am. I hope I am willing. I am. I hope I can act upon the new truths. I can.

No comments: