Monday, September 18, 2006

Daily Meditation:

It takes a deep commitment to change and an even deeper commitment to grow. - Ralph Ellison
This mediation is instrumental. Change and growth. We know these things are happening. Nature has dictated the course. Acceptance of that growth and change and implementation of those changes in daily life is the commitment. I need to talk on commitment a bit...What is a commitment? When are we released from a commitment? What does it mean to make a commitment to ourselves, to another, to creation? Answer these within ourselves. The evolution of ourselves is going to change the way we view the world and our actions/reactions to the world. We have made a commitment to live in a peaceful way. Ideals, we set forth an ideal and strive for it. We try to keep those things. Being human, being as we are One must know we will not be able to achieve, to keep all those commitments we have made. And what to those commitments to which we have been freed. Not by choice have we been released. No regrets, no worries, no fear, no guilt.
Commitment to grow and to change. What am I doing today to change and grow? What can I do daily? What can I do internally? Externally? What can I do to foster that change within and without. Am I willing to commit to the necessary way to being to be the change I want to see in the world as Ghandi would say? Or Black Elk - If you want to do as I do, Live as I live. Are we willing to live in that way? Is it even our destiny? How do you want to live? Where do you want to be? Perhaps we are already living the way we want to live. We are who it is we want to be. Just simply accept I know myself already and I am asking questions in a circular manner and not really getting anywhere...until I make the change in life necessary.

No comments: