Friday, September 29, 2006

Daily Meditation

An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea. - Buddha
Into Action. I am ready for action. I have a concept. I have an idea. I have a place to be in the world and an ability to create. I have the equipment to outfit a glass studio. I need a place to outfit. I am learning who I am. I need to know where I am going. I keep thinking of the collective conscience and the 100th monkey.
The 100th monkey story... A monkey finds a sweet potato in the sand and eats it. It is dirty. Monkey figures out he can wash the potato in the stream to get the sand off of the potato. Another monkey sees this and mimics the behavior. Mothers teach their children monkeys how to wash potatoes before dining. Other groups of monkeys see this behavior and pattern after. Soon whole bands of monkeys are washing the potato. When the 100th monkey learns to wash the potato a tipping point on the collective conscience is reached and then every monkey instinctively knows how and does wash the potato before eating. Granted this is just a fable but it illustrates a possibility.
There are too many people with the same idea. An idea of a public access art center in Oklahoma City with a glass blowing studio as a cornerstone. That is the idea. How to make it a reality? How to put into action the creation and implementation of such a place.
There are many questions to be answered. There are questions of which I have not even yet thought. There are questions without answers. There are answers just waiting to be discovered.

1 comment:

Pantol said...

Mr.Boatman, you are a crazy deep thinking man! I love your Daily Meditation.