Friday, November 10, 2006

Daily Meditation:

Play your part in the comedy, but don't identify yourself with your role! - Why Lazurus Laughed by Wei Wu Wei
How sad it is, I have been playing a part in a tragedy over the past few little whiles instead of playing in a comedy. Time to shift the focus. I am me. I am not a role. I am the whole of me always. Different situations call for different assets and aspects to be pronounced but it is still the whole of me in that situation. of course not knowing the self it is difficult to be. So the role is what we think others want us to be. Acting the way others expect us to act. Doing what we think society desires. Conforming to a ideal that can really never be achieved or assimilated into who it is we are. Yet, forced to behave in socially accepted ways. It can not be done. It is so very against my nature. Try as I might I fail.

No comments: