Thursday, November 16, 2006

Daily Meditation:

This is the way of peace: "Overcome evil with good, falsehood with truth, and hatred with love." - Peace Pilgrim
Doesn't that sound easy. Oh yes, be good, be true, and love. There is really no greater mandate is there? All the saints, all the sages, all the prophets, all the children say love. Be truth, speak truth, seek truth. Even when bad is done we know the good, why is it so difficult then to act in goodness and mercy? Awareness of actions. Awareness of our actions upon others. All too often I act in accordance with myself. I act not in a way in accordance with the harmony of the universe. I act and give little thought to feelings or impact upon others. Stop now before action. Stop and give thought to the process. Stop and acknowledge the action and movement and impact. Make changes before the action. Slow down. Think. Act in accordance with the nature. The golden rule of which every culture is taught. My actions do not reflect that rule. But in slowing down, thinking, changing and then acting perhaps my actions can become the golden rule. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

No comments: