Friday, January 26, 2007

Daily Meditation:

There seem to two kinds of searchers: those who seek to make their ego something other than it is, i.e. holy, happy, unselfish (as though you could make a fish unfish), and those who understand that all such attempts are just gesticulation and play-acting, that there is only one thing that can be done, which is to disidentify themselves with the ego, by realizing its unreality, and by becoming aware of their eternal identity with pure being. - Fingers Pointing Toward the Moon by Wei Wu Wei
Wanting to be something other then what we are. Wanting change. Desire of being something different and wishing we were. We can change our habits, our feelings, our outlook, with care and practice and desire. We can change our bodies and minds. Can we change our nature? The way we are fundamentally? Massive life changes do occur and change who we are and where we are going. Change is possible but not easy. So we still have the ego and the self and want it to be different and many times we do not change. why, because we continue to hold onto the self, continue to identify with the idea of who we are and not be the reality of who we are. So in letting go of the self completely we let go of the ego and expectations and opening within us at that moment is the possibility of change and being who we are.
It is in the letting go. Let go of old ideas. Let go of past hurts. Don't repeat them. Learn from them. Grow through them but let them go. Let them not dictate to us today how we walk through life. Let it pass. Do not pick up those stones and cast them over the shoulder again. Pick them up and drop them at your feet to pass on by.

1 comment:

The 13th Apostol said...

My son, requested awhile back, that I start dressing like a mom. "How does a mom dress Al?" I asked. Horrified I'd somehow been embarrassing my kid his entire life while he suffered in shame.

"You know", he quipped "Normal."

For one week I tried it, even wearing khaki trousers a couple of times. Maybe I looked normal because I changed my clothes, but inside I was still very much my abnormal self.

Whom by the way, my son and the rest of the world will have to accept as me.

Any human with their faculties in tact can change, the key is the degree to which one hankers said change;-)