Friday, February 16, 2007

Daily Meditation:

Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things, natural and spiritual, as a meaningful unity. - Albert Einstein
Interesting he specifies the future there. It is simply a way to live I think. Some people believe that Einstein was in communication with space aliens. He was shown the nature of the scientific world of the universe through these aliens. He developed theories and science from the insight. I once knew a fellow who learned quantum physics from a little gray man. Knowledge is passed on.
So Einstein saw the way of the universe in science. His mind was open to the way it operates. A understanding that occurs how? An amazing thing is he was able to communicate his knowledge to others. So when insight occurs can we pass this on to others? I am thinking as of late that Einstein was also enlightened in the way of the spirit. He saw the spirit and was at one with it. He had insight into the spiritual universe and perhaps for him the scientific and the spiritual were not separate. For him the Buddha resided in the single atom as well as the blossom of the flower.
I learned again that my first action, my first thought is usually destructive. I think and I act and set into motion chains of events which lead to pain. Reminding me to wait. To think it through and take no action.

No comments: