Monday, March 05, 2007

Daily Meditation:

If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern. - William Blake
We see just bits I suppose. We rarely see the whole. The big picture. Even seeing the big picture we usually only see bits and pieces of the whole. Seeing wide our focus is small and in seeing the detail we lose focus on the whole. Difficult balance once again.
Reminds me of all the talk of global warming. The Oscar for Al Gore brought the talk into the foreground again. We see bits and pieces of this thing. It exists, it does not exist. It is man made, it is natural. We are warming, we are cooling. I have no answers. Everyone is right just as everyone is wrong. There are no experts, everyone is an expert. In the end we see what we want to see, we believe what we want to believe.
I need my eyes of perception cleaned about the same way I need to clean the front windshield of the truck. It is hazy and streaky and when the sun hits it just right I can not see a thing.

No comments: