Thursday, March 08, 2007

Daily Meditation:

The eighth step of the Eightfold Path is Right Concentration, meaning to foster dispassion and detachment from the things of the world.

I question this. Detachment is necessary at times and detachment from the material possessions and pursuits is probably a good thing to strive for but detachment from people and interaction is not what is sought. Things of the world are really not important. We know that to be true. Loosing those things which weigh us down. Obsessing over. Cut them loose. Release them.

Thinking this morning on what I owe. What do I owe? What have I given back for all the love, compassion, care, friendship that I have been given. What do I owe to each one who has touched my life? What can I do not repay that which has been freely given unto me?

No comments: