Thursday, December 06, 2007

morning Zen

Knowing the mind and the workings of the mind does not seem to make much difference in actions. My dad needed me to bring some ornaments to him for today. Yesterday at the studio I remembered and got a box, wrapped the ornaments and packaged them up. Leaving the box of ornaments on a chair I had things to do and the thought comes to put the box in the truck. Wandering around working and cleaning and getting ready I look over, think put the box in the truck but yet keep working. Leaving the studio for the night I did not even look over at the box of ornaments. Driving home near midnight at I-35 and Wilshire I remember the ornaments. Get off. Turn around. Back to the studio to pick up and deliver the box of ornaments.
Bonus was there was some granola from Big Sky Bread.
Big Sky Bread Company
I got to dine on yummy goodness on the way back the P's house.
And so. The mind knows what I need to do. It tells me and reminds me. I choose not to listen or at least not to act. And so I need to learn to take the appropriate action.

1 comment:

m said...

Sounds like you are going to need a nap at some point today. Or a whole lot of coffee all day long.

Please know you are not alone in that "if-I-don't-do-it-now-it-may-never-get-done" way of being. We all have lots on our plates and it is soooooo easy to get sidetracked. And it's not like you don't have a few things on your plate or anything....

Happy Holidays, Boatman