Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday at Starbucks

I visited Seattle the first time in 1990. It was a very surreal summer. Discovering Seattle. Roaming the city. Drinking espresso and living on chocolate chip cookies. awakening again.
Starbucks has that remembering for me. It is a feeling and a reaction and an etching. That coffee. The time and the moments. Lifting out of the fog.
Howard is in charge again at Starbucks. Returning to their roots. They should have espresso machines that are not automatic. We don't get to see the grind. Tamp the puck. It is sad... But they have their colors back. The original "mermaid" has returned. Pike Place blend roasted on March 23 way old for coffee beans to still be good but way sooner then any other bean in the bucks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here, boat dude? The voices in my head, both Beavis and Butthesd, are beside themselves. (Can you here the huuhuh's?) I'm sorry, gotta do this, can't help myself...

you said puck

(please forgive me)

Anonymous said...

pike place market, the orcas, whidbey and camano islands

(http://www.whidbeycamanoislands.com/)

ah, what a place to visit.... the rides on the ferrys out to the islands, the fresh flowers, fields of tulips, and fresh air....all of the coffee shops....

life.

happiness and harmony,
have a safe trip...enjoy the molten
sand.....

Cello Girl said...

anytime I visit a coffee shop, I am instantly taken back to Seattle. The smell of coffee is so soothing to me and brings me back to some of the best times in my life.