Sunday, June 01, 2008

Morning Zen

What is the next right thing? I am aware that is the thing to do. But what is it that I am supposed to do? Act and do to be sure but when faced with the horns of the dilemma how does one choose?
I have forever choosen not to choose. I have stood in the middle or stepped clear out of the way of the charging beast never have having to make a decision. Always one to be made for me. Someone to look to for the answer. And now what answer do I make? Am I going to do this thing? Or am I not and choose to put my thoughts and efforts to another use. As it is now simply waiting and consuming the vital...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...Am I going to do this thing?
Or an I not and choose to put my thoughts and efforts to another use.....
Humm?...and this sounds like one of life's forks in the road. But which one of those forks? A fork of vocation, of vacation, of a significant other? The choices are not made by anyone else. For if they are, they are the choices of another. Chapter one, among other chapters, of Jack Canfields book "The Success Principles...". But then success is one of those wierd words in a culture the nature of this one...
In the book by Kornfield, page 49, I have it "astericked" in the copy I have. ("The Wise Heart")...at Border's in the new none fiction section.....( also see http://store.soundstrue.com/kornfieldj.html )....
for it appears to me, as to many, that we are in pursuit...of often the direction of the "wrong wall"... the ladder we have, but the wall we do not.
So, from another chapter....3 or 4 or somewhere in The Suc. Prin.....there is a place to attempt to decide ones passion in life...then find a way to "make a living at it" ...whatever that may mean to each of us....that is one great decision....others are as well, as important if not more so....
In the meantime, keep in perspective that the past is just a memory, a dream of sorts, the present a fantasy, another dream of sorts, and the only real time
is the moment.

hhh

namaste

jj

Anonymous said...

"In the meantime, keep in perspective that the past is just a memory, a dream of sorts, the present a fantasy, another dream of sorts, and the only real time
is the moment."
the "present" in the fourth line...should be "future"...
the future is just the next thin slice of now....the mirror...a good place to glance to make a "right thing" choice....
best wishes...
jj