Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Morning Zen

It is interesting. This is not a fully evolved thought yet but. The things we do to protect ourselves can in the end being the things that hurt us more. An example, I do not want a dog. I have had a dog. I do not need a dog. I am closed off to any desire for having a dog. It is a form of protection as every dog I have had has gone away. Great joy and care and love come from having a dog. Great pain and suffering come when they go away. I would rather give up the great joy to avoid the great pain today. But then that thought of how cool would a nice dog in the back yard would be comes up, it is fleeting because the reality and the impractically of having a dog far outweighs the benefits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

with dog also comes dog poo...now there is a reason not to have a dog....

I hear parrots live long lives. I bet I know someone who would make you a smokin' deal....

m