Thursday, October 13, 2011

Want vs. Need vs. Don't Need

I have got it in my head I want a motorcycle. It is one of those things that becomes a focus and consuming. Think about it. Look for one. Desire. Weigh cost/benefit analysis.
It is like wanting an Apple Computer. Wanting a new hunting rifle. Wanting a convertible. Wanting a Viking Range. The wants flow through to pass and rise again.
Learning to take action on need and want? Probably not. That one fellow said it leads to suffering. Desire.
Interesting stuff.

1 comment:

Douglas said...

I had a thought on this sort of thing earlier today.

The trouble is that if you want a motorcycle and buy then the decision is completed. If you choose not to buy it today you still have to choose not to buy it tomorrow and the next day and the next.

On an unrelated note, I found the Asus eee pad at Office Depot last night a pretty attractive tablet.