Sketching An Alternative Way Greetings Sequoyah, Staying with the Inktober theme a bit I was turned onto Travel Sketching (http://intelligenttravel.nationalgeographic.com/2015/09/29/travel-sketching-101/) today. I struggle with art, drawing and perspective are mysteries. Art in college was a struggle. Now when I pick up a pen and start to draw I try to remember to not take myself to seriously and try not to worry about failure. We are working on that yet principle. I can not draw, yet. I can not paint, yet. You know the Edmond Fine Arts Institute has classes in all things art. So I encourage us all to break out of our shell just a bit. I think with art and drawing in a foreign place it allows us to settle down. To relax. To take a bit of time and look at things differently. Certainly getting a picture with the iPhone is great. But when you see the David, try drawing the pebble in his hand. Thanks and don't forget to be awesome, Andy |
No comments:
Post a Comment