Monday, August 03, 2020

the work

I don't want to do the work I just want the results
There are so many examples cleaning the floor it requires you to get down on your hands and knees and scrub to get it clean I'll go to the store and buy five different products that are supposed to clean the floor that don't because it requires the work of scrubbing.
I want to lose 40 lb I don't want to work out I don't want to eat right I don't want to give up sugar and don't want to give up bread I want the result I don't want to do the work.
I want to have a relationship I want to be in a relationship I want to have a loving caring ability but I'm not willing to do the work to maintain or to be in the relationship.
It's like when I'm doing something I do it halfway or I get it done but it's not pretty or there's always something left behind so nothing's ever really complete.
Spiritually or can I take a shortcut to get to the end or do I have to do on a daily basis to get there I don't read books I don't devote myself to meditation I dabble in play a bit but don't want to do the work to get to the end result part of it what is the end result
How does that tie into no joy no happiness how does that tie into what do I want wanting something requires work wanting something requires time and effort by not wanting I don't have to do the work.
So where does that come how do I Foster and develop the work? by doing.
4th grade classroom by choice. I just did not work.
Does this relate to having to be happy when doing chores?



No comments:

the studio

why do I have to shrink and go away so someone else gets to grow?"