Thursday, April 12, 2007

Technology Training

I have been thinking about unified technology training for teachers. The OKTechMasters program put together a method and a course of training teachers that would superior to anything I have seen else where. Funding for the fantastic program was eliminated and the program folded. It was a statewide program that trained many teachers in the basics of technology and provided a sort of light house on the shore for teachers on a stormy sea. I don't think we have access to any of those materials on the web anymore. I did not even get my OKTM website backed up before they took it down.
The Intel Teach to the Future program has great promise. I took the initial training at UCO and even taught my required course to other teachers. This program provides a uniform method for putting together lesson plans and resources for technology teaching. A great idea and strong support but limited in its implementation.
There is the new Google Teacher Academy being conducted on the coasts. Hopefully, they will make their way to the interior of the country and we can establish something here in Okie Land. Any one know of any other universal programs for teachers and technology so we can all be on or near the same page?
Technology guru's, excited teachers, lassie-faire teachers, and non-implementors need to come together.

No comments:

the studio

why do I have to shrink and go away so someone else gets to grow?"